Bitcoin Cash (BCH) is a project to scale bitcoin on-chain as an electronic peer-to-peer payment system for the world. 🚀
Pull requests are welcome, please see the contribution guidelines.
- Getting Started
- State of the Project
- Open-Source Wallets
- Podcasts, News, Media
- Projects Built on Bitcoin Cash
- Merchants and Services Accepting Bitcoin Cash
- eCommerce Merchant Resources
- The Archive
- bitcoincash.org - A general multi-lingual introduction.
- BCH Info - Multilingual site for general information about bitcoin cash.
- BCHFAQ.com [src] - Learn the fundamentals of Bitcoin Cash by getting simple answers to your basic questions.
- Why Bitcoin Cash? [archive] - The revolution will not be censored.
- Bitcoin.com Getting Started - Comprehensive introduction for general audiences.
State of the Project
- Three Years In: A Bitcoin Cash Update From One of Its Founders - by Jonald Fyookball
“Bitcoin: A Peer-to-Peer Electronic Cash System” by Satoshi Nakamoto.
Bitcoin Cash is one chain of Satoshi Nakamoto’s blockchain invention which was deliberately hard-forked on August 1st, 2017. It shares the whitepaper, first block, and all bitcoin block history prior to the fork. It attempts to implement the central idea outlined in that paper.
Below is a copy of the original nine page whitepaper:
- Archived copy of the bitcoin whitepaper from bitcoin.org.
- bitcoin whitepaper via ipfs.
- Websites hosting the bitcoin whitepaper [wayback archive], with sha256 hashes calculated as of May 16th 2021.
- As a webcomic [中文] [日本語] - Bitcoin Whitepaper web comic by Scott McCloud.
- Instructions and code for building the original paper encoded on the blockchain on 2013-04-06.
Below are non-custodial open-source wallets that use features specific to Bitcoin Cash.
Best BCH Wallets is a tool for selecting a wallet based on operating system and features.
- 🔵 Electron-Cash - Android [src] and iOS [src] versions available with more limited functionality.
- 🔵 Paytaca [apk] [src] - A mobile wallet for Android, iOS and ChromeOS
- Flowee Pay [src] [apk] [docs] - A user friendly wallet for Android and Linux desktop.
- Selene Wallet [src] - Easy, no-hassle, instant payments in the palm of your hand.
- Stack Wallet [src] - Multicoin wallet with UTXO (coin) control.
- Cake Wallet [src] [apk] - An open source wallet for iOS and Android supporting XMR and other currencies.
- 🔵 zapit* - A native, non-custodial Bitcoin Cash wallet for iOS and Android. *Not open source
- 🔵 Electron Cash CashToken [release] [src] - Electron Cash with CashTokens.
- Flowee Pay [src] - A payment solution, a wallet, a basis for your new product. But currently just a desktop wallet.
- Flipstarter Plugin - plugin for crowdfunding.
- Nostron - Nostron is a plugin for the Electron-Cash BCH wallet.
- Mecenas Plugin - recurring payments.
- Last Will - dead man smart contract creation.
- bitcore-wallet - A command line wallet used for BitPay wallets.
- 🔵 Cashonize [src] - An experimental web wallet for CashTokens.
- 🔵 Microfi Wallet - Microfi Free Flow Wallet
- BCH Merchant PoS[src] - Bitcoin Cash Web Point of Sale, from SoftwareVerde.
- BCH Gifts - generate reclaimable preloaded paper private keys as gifts.
Podcasts, News, Media
Bitcoin Cash focussed media and content.
The Bitcoin Cash Podcast
- The Bitcoin Cash Podcast - Available on Youtube [src] and RSS [src] audio versions, plus other video and podcast platforms (see links at bottom of website).
Projects Built on Bitcoin Cash
All of these apps are mostly stable and active. Always check the notes of a particular project before risking a large sum of value. Links are checked on a weekly basis, but function is not checked.
- read.cash - a conventionally hosted long-format blogging platform, with BCH tipping for content.
- memo.cash - short message social media site with decentralized SLP token exchange.
- Cashrain - A platform where creators create communities for their members.
- noise.app - An invite only Bitcoin Cash powered micro-blogging platform.
- OnlyCoins - Adult content monetization platform.
- Glimpse.cash - A pay per view video hosting and streaming platform.
- Gaze.cash - A more lenient pay-per-view video platform.
- lazyfox - a Bitcoin Cash powered question and answer / tasking platform.
- flipstarter [Introduction] [src] - a crowd funding app using anyone can pay multisig transactions.
- IPFS Flipstarter [src] - An IPFS flipstarter campaign site.
- BCH Bull [app] - Permissionless leverage and hedging using the Anyhedge protocol.
- 🔵 TapSwap - An open marketplace for fungible and non-fungible tokens.
- Unspent [src] [cli] [docs] - An irrevocable perpetuity app
- 🔵 Emerald DAO [app] [src] - A simple Bitcoin Cash DAO template which acts as a fixed-term deposit savings vault.
- 🔵 Wrapped Cash - Bitcoin Cash wrapped as a CashToken
- 🔵 Bitcats Heroes - Collectibele NFT series with non-custodial minting contract.
- 🔵 CashNinjas [src] - an NFT collection leveraging the new CashTokens technology.
- 🔵 Cauldron [whitepaper] - A Constant product market maker contract
- 🔵 Ghostwriter - Text based NFT minting
- 🔵 DogeCash - Don’t let your dreams be memes
- bch.games - dice and numbers game.
- craft.cash [src] - Voxel world stored on Bitcoin Cash.
- Satoshi dice - a provably fair dice game.
- Enter the Sphere - NFT trading card game.
- Spin BCH - Spinning wheel based gambling using zero-conf
Bitcoin Cash is supported on hundreds of exchanges, these are a few.
- CoinEx - A BCH friendly exchange with automatic coin-splitting
- AtmoicDex - Decentralized exchange with desktop clients supporting BCH and many UTXO coins, ETH, ERC-20 tokens
- Thorchain Swap - Swap native assets directly with any non-custodial wallet across nine blockchains.
- 🔵 Testnet Faucet [src]
- 🔵 UnspentPhi: F,1,0,741,1 [src] - A faucet contract paying 741 sats Bitcoin Cash.
- BCH Testnet Faucet [src] - Fullstack.cash faucet for tBCH.
- fork.lol - Site to monitor network health in relation to BTC.
- Johoe’s Bitcoin Mempool Statistics [src] - Colorful mempool graphs.
- Electrum Server Status for BCH [or tBCH] - A 1209k hosted list of electrum servers
- Tx Street [src] - a live blockchain transaction and mempool visualizer.
- Bitcoin Energy Statistics - A comparison of energy usage for BCH and BTC.
- 🔵 Blockchain Explorer [src] - Database-free, self-hosted Bitcoin Cash explorer, via RPC.
- 🔵 Bitcoin Cash Explorer [src] - A Bitcoin Cash Explorer with CashTokens, by SalemKode.
- 🔵 3xpl.com BCH Explorer [src]- Fastest ad-free universal block explorer.
- BCH Explorer [src] - Bitcoin Cash Explorer by Melroy van den Berg
- Blockchair BCH Explorer - Universal blockchain explorer and search engine.
- Blockchain.com BCH explorer [bch testnet] - Established blockchain explorer.
- Chaingraph [src] - A multi-node blockchain indexer and GraphQL API.
- CoinGecko API - Free tier api for price data.
- Blockchair Bulk Data - Daily compressed dumps of blockchain data.
- CashFusion Stats - Data on privacy-enhancing CashFusion transactions.
- Mempool Project - A Bitcoin Cash (BCH) adaptation of the mempool open-source explorer.
- bitcoinfees.cash - bitcoin chain fee juxtaposition.
- 🔵 OpenTokenRegistry [src] - Community-Verified Token Information
- 🔵 IPFS-BCH [src] - IPFS file pinning service with on-chain settlement
- chaintip - An on-chain non-custodial tipping bot for reddit/twitter & github.
- CashTags [src] - Service for printable QR Codes (Payment URLs) whose value amounts can be specified in fiat (e.g. USD).
- SideShift.ai - enables HUMANS and AI to shift between 30+ cryptocurrencies.
- 🔵 Token Stork - A CashToken market capitalization explorer.
- 🔵 Token Explorer - A Token explorer for CashTokens.
- Chaintip Bounties - BCH bot for github bounties.
- CCtip - Tipping for twitter, telegram, & discord.
- BCH.gg - Bitcoin Cash URL Shortener
- CashAccount - Online utility for cashaccounts (address handles).
- Bitauth IDE [src] [walk-thru] - An online IDE for developing Bitcoin Cash contracts.
- 🔵 CashTokens Studio - CashToken and Authkey creation tool (chipnet)
- Bitcoin.com Tools - A mix of Bitcoin utilities.
- 🔵 CashTokens Airdrop Tool - A command line utility to airdrop fungible tokens to NFT holders.
These are other projects dedicated to listing projects in the Bitcoin Cash ecosystem:
- HelpMe Cash - A collection of links to things related to the cryptocurrency Bitcoin Cash
- Bitcoin Cash Projects - maintained by bitcoin.com.
- BCH Developments - list maintained by KeepBitcoinFree.
- Canonical awesome-bitcoin-cash - the original.
- Mainnet Cash List - A list of projects maintained at mainnet.cash
Merchants and Services Accepting Bitcoin Cash
A Short List
These vendors have accepted bitcoin for years and are committed (or sympathetic) toward the idea of electronic cash payments.
Although some of these may appear to only accept Bitcoin (BTC), they do, in fact, accept Bitcoin Cash also.
- Namecheap - dns, ssl and some packaged hosting.
- keys4coins - Buy PC games and gift cards with cryptocurrency.
- alfa.top - Buy mobile top-up (credit) and internet with cryptocurrency.
- CheapAir - for your travel needs.
- items sold by Newegg - good for a great headset.
- Lanieri - makes a good suit.
- partsoven - for that 3rd dimension of building.
- OpenStreetMap BCH Tag - Entries tagged with
- Bitcoin.com map - website and mobile app for discovering merchants, formerly marco coino.
- Bmap.app - ₿itcoin places all around the world!
- where2cash - Bitcoin Cash Map using OpenStreeMap data.
Projects dedicated to listing or enabling eCommerce.
- The Accept Bitcoin Cash Initiative - list of merchants and stores.
- Use.Cash - Guide for using cryptocurrency like cash.
- Bitgree - service to privately purchase goods on Amazon.com and others at a discount.
Some Charities and Foundations
Just some good charities for the world at large.
- Tails - The Amnesic Incognito Live System, is a security-focused Debian-based Linux distribution aimed at preserving privacy and anonymity.
- Save the Children - A United Kingdom based charity, founded in 1919, to improve the lives of children through better education, health care, and economic opportunities, as well as providing emergency aid in natural disasters, war, and other conflicts. (Cryptocurrency donations are powered by The Giving Block)
- Electronic Freedom Foundation - dedicated to ensuring that technology supports freedom, justice, and innovation for all the people of the world.
- Bitpay Charity Directory A list of charities that accept Bitcoin Cash and other cryptocurrencies.
eCommerce Merchant Resources
Bitcoin Cash Open-Source plugins
- CryptoWoo for WooCommerce - Bitcoin Cash integration for CryptoWoo
Non-Custodial Payment Processors
- Prompt.cash [demo] [docs] - Non-custodial Bitcoin Cash payment gateway
- Cash Pay Server [docs] - a self-hostable NodeJS micro-service that can be used to handle BIP70 and JSON Payment Protocol invoices for Bitcoin Cash (BCH)
BCH-to-Fiat Payment Processors
Payment Processor Status
- status.bitpay.com - Current status with recent incidents.
- BCH Specification - Specification hosted by flowee.org.
- Bitcoin Cash Protocol Documentation [src] - maintained by Software Verde.
- reference.cash - protocol documentation
Bitcoin Cash Standards is a site dedicated to collecting, some of which are listed below:
- AnyHedge [docs] [src] - Decentralized hedge solution against arbitrary commodities for Bitcoin Cash
- 🔵 Bitcoin Cash Metadata Registries (BCMR) [src] - A standard for sharing authenticated metadata between Bitcoin Cash wallets.
- Cashaddr - Format for Bitcoin Cash addresses.
- Cash Accounts - attach a human readable name to Bitcoin Cash addresses.
- CashFusion(https://cashfusion.org) [spec] - a privacy protocol for privately and trustlessly joining coin amounts.
- CashID - Specification using Bitcoin Cash for secure authentication.
- 🔵 CashTokens [src] - Specification for CashTokens.
- Electrum Cash Protocol (Fulcrum) [src] - ElectrumX Protocol for fulcrum (UTXO indexer/SPV service).
- Electrum Cash Protocol [src] - Protocol for SPV clients and servers.
- Payment Requests Specification (BIP-0070) - For dealing with invoice style payments at specific amounts.
- Price Oracle [implementation] - Price oracle.
- Memo Protocol - for the on-chain tweet style social media app.
- CashShuffle [spec] - a privacy protocol for combining transactions with others, splitting to the lowest common amount.
An archive of past and future ideas for Bitcoin Cash ongoing at Bitcoin Cash Research (BCR). Collaborating participants have recorded their thoughts and concerns about various potential ideas & implemented improvements.
- Bitcoin Cash Research - Site dedicated to technical discussion.
Protocol changes, software standards and application specifications may be proposed by anyone. The recommended process for consensus building and conflict reduction is known as the Cash Improvement Proposal (CHIP) Process.
- CHIP Guidelines
- CHIPs: A more detailed process recommendation
- CHIPs - a dynamic list of proposed standards
- List of CHIPs - documents that record proposals to upgrade the Bitcoin Cash protocol, and their ongoing progress, both technical and consensus-building.
Previous consensus changes, May 2023:
- CHIP-2021-01 Restrict Transaction Version (v1.0)
- CHIP-2021-01 Minimum Transaction Size (v0.4)
- CHIP-2022-02 CashTokens (v2.2.1)
- CHIP-2022-05 P2SH32 (v1.5.1)
Anyone may propose an improvement to Bitcoin Cash, but the responsibility is on the CHIP owner to see the idea through to fruition and build consensus.
- Cashscript [src] [playground] - a solidity-style language that compiles to Bitcoin Cash Script.
- bitauth ide [src] [video intro] - an integrated development environment for bitcoin authentication.
- AutoCove - Electrum-cash script decoder.
- Cashscript VSCode plugin [src] - Visual Studio Code extension for cashscript.
- BCHN [src] [docs] - a descendant of the Bitcoin Core and Bitcoin ABC software projects with independent development team. C/C++.
- BitcoinUnlimited [src] - a full node implentation focused on supporting user needs, C/C++.
- Flowee the Hub [src] - a node supporting a suite of software focused on payment integration. C++
- Bitcoin Verde [src] [docs] - java implementation with the goal of being interoperable with mining nodes.
- Knuth [src] - a high performance implementation of the Bitcoin protocol focused on applications needing extra capacity and resilience.
- bchd [src] [docs] - alternative implementation written in Go (golang)
- Bitcoin Cash Research - Site dedicated to technical research on Bitcoin Cash.
- Bitcoin Cash Discussions [youtube] - Site for hosting live meetings and discussions about protocols
Open-Source Teams Building on Bitcoin Cash
If you want to go fast, go alone. If you want to go far, go together.
– An African Proverb.
There are various groups developing software stacks & apps for the broader ecosystem.
- Electron Cash [repos] - Team maintaining a desktop SPV wallet with plugins and mobile app (Python)
- Flowee [repos] - Team maintaining a non-mining full node and services to access the Bitcoin Cash network. (C++, NodeJs et al)
- Mainnet Cash [repos] - Loose-knit team maintaining a shared server-side and client-side library.
Simple Payment Verification (SPV)
- Fulcrum - A fast & nimble SPV Server for Bitcoin Cash.
- Rostrum - Rostrum is an efficient implementation of Electrum Server written in Rust.
Libraries & SDKs
- Developer tools - Page devoted to high level developer tools.
- Mainnet Cash List - A list of useful services for developers.
- mainnet [tutorial] [rest spec] - Typescript library, also available via rest api, or over rest from python, golang, php generated clients, et. al
- Insomnia [src] - Swagger/OpenAPI3 specification for ElectrumX
- BitBox OpenAPI 3 (Swagger) spec - for rest.bitcoin.com see: openapi-generator
- Libauth [src] - an ultra-lightweight, zero-dependency library for Bitcoin Cash and Bitauth applications. (Formerly
- mainnet-js [src] - Typescript library, also available over rest.
<qr-code>[demo] – A no-framework, no-dependencies, customizable, animate-able, SVG-based
- electrum-cli - Super simple command line electrum client.
- signup.cash [src] - Non-custodial platform as a service for building decentralized apps.
- bitcash [src] [docs] - python3 library.
- jtoomim/p2pool - jtoomim fork of bitcoin pool mining software.
- rust-bitcoincash - Rust Bitcoin Cash library.
- bitcoincashj - Bitcoin Cash library for Java
- Breadwallet Core - SPV bitcoin C library.
- cashp - Library for BCH.
- rbch - Extraction and Statistical Analysis of Data from the BCH Blockchain
Below is a list of endorsements made in the Chip Process in reverse chronological order.
The Adaptive Blocksize Limit Algorithm (ebaa) CHIP for the May 2024 BCH Upgrade is AWESOME!
The CashTokens and P2SH32 CHIP Proposals for the May 2023 BCH Upgrade are AWESOME!
Due to the nature of bitcoin, some stuff is forever…
Bitcoin Script tools
meep - a command line Bitcoin Cash script debugger.
- Bitcoin Mining Parliament [README] [src] - a decentralized place to talk, vote and more with delegated hashpower
Simple Ledger Protocol (SLP Token)
- Simple Ledger Protocol (SLP) [specs] - for handling ERC-20 style tokens.
- Simple Ledger Postage Protocol - Protocol for sending SLP tokens without BCH “gas”.
- Simple Ledger [repos] - Group leading SLP token integration. (Typescript & Python)
- SLP Indexer [src]
- SLP Explorer [src] [backend src] - Slp explorer for bitcoin cash.
- SLPDB [src] [doc] - simpleledger indexer
- gs++ [src] [doc] - a fast SLP indexer, validator, and graph search server.
- SLP Stream [src] [doc] - a frontend API for GS++ that provides a streaming output of new transactions.
- goslp - SLP go libraries.
- SLP Indexer - bitcoin.com indexer.
- SLP Icons - Hosted icons for slp tokens.
SLP Token Projects
- SLP Explorer [src] [backend src] - Open source explorer for SLP tokens.
- Electron-Cash SLP Edition [src] [releases]
- Honk Token [whitepaper] - A gambling/gaming/multipurpose SLP token.
- mistcoin [archive] [blue miner] - A mineable SLP token using a proof-of-work covenant contract
- SpiceToken - A meme token for social tipping.