Bitcoin Cash (BCH) is a project to scale bitcoin on-chain as an electronic peer-to-peer payment system for the world. 🚀
Pull requests are welcome, please see the contribution guidelines.
- Getting Started
- Open-Source Wallets
- Projects Built on Bitcoin Cash
- Merchants and Services Accepting Bitcoin Cash
- eCommerce Merchant Resources
“Bitcoin: A Peer-to-Peer Electronic Cash System” by Satoshi Nakamoto.
Bitcoin Cash is one chain of Satoshi Nakamoto’s blockchain invention which was deliberately hard-forked on August 1st, 2017. It shares the whitepaper, first block, and all bitcoin block history prior to the fork. It attempts to implement the central idea outlined in that paper.
Below is a copy of the original nine page whitepaper:
- Archived copy of the bitcoin whitepaper from bitcoin.org
- bitcoin whitepaper via ipfs
- Websites hosting the bitcoin whitepaper, with sha256 hashes calculated hourly.
- Instructions and code for building the original paper encoded on the blockchain on 2013-04-06.
- 💚 BCH Info - Multilingual site for general information about bitcoin cash.
- 💚 Bitcoin.com Getting Started - Comprehensive introduction for general audiences.
Below are non-custodial open-source wallets that use features specific to Bitcoin Cash.
- 💚 Electron-Cash - Android [src] and iOS [src] versions available with more limited functionality
- crescent.cash [src] - Android wallet with SLP, BIP70 and sms features.
- neutrino [src] - Android wallet with advanced privacy features.
- edge.app [src] - Edge Wallet React Native GUI for iOS and Android
- 💚 Badger Mobile [src] - Mobile App wallet with SLP and CashID support for iOS [src] and Android [src]
- 💚 Electron-Cash [src] - the awesome SPV wallet for Bitcoin Cash
- 💚 crescent.cash [src] - a Bitcoin Cash wallet in java.
- Flipstarter Plugin - plugin for crowdfunding
- Mecenas Plugin - recurring payments
- Last Will - dead man smart contract creation
- More Comprehensive List - hosted by im_uname
- bchwallet - a secure Bitcoin Cash wallet daemon written in Go (golang)
- openbazaar wallet - an SPV wallet in Go (golang) developed for openbazaar2
- bitcore-wallet - A command line wallet used for BitPay wallets
- blockparty [src] [docs] - A simple in-browser web wallet using bitbox.earth
- 💚 mint [src] - Non-custodial web-based tool to manage your SLP tokens.
- nito [src] - Web wallet designed for easily on-boarding of new users
- Crescent Cash Paper [src] - Crescent Cash Paperwallet Generator
- BCH Gifts - generate reclaimable preloaded paper private keys as gifts.
- SLP wallet generator [src]- offline generator for Simple Ledger addresses
Projects Built on Bitcoin Cash
These are up and coming projects in alpha stage (may not be suitable for large transactions):
- 💚 AnyHedge [whitepaper] [lib] - A Decentralized Hedge Solution for Arbitrary Assets on Bitcoin Cash
- causes.cash [src] - a site for creating your own fundraising campaign
- Neutron Cash [release] [src] - A desktop neutrino wallet using bchwallet and electron
- Bitcoin Cash Jobs - Bitcoin Cash job board
All of these apps are mostly stable and active. Always check the notes of a particualar project before risking a large sum of value. Links are checked on a weekly basis, but function is not checked.
- 💚 read.cash - a conventionally hosted long-format blogging platform, with BCH tipping for content.
- 💚 member.cash - longer format social media platform with voting, tipping, moderation and filtering.
- flipstarter [Introduction] [src] - a crowd funding app using anyone can pay multisig transactions.
- memo.cash - short message social media site with decentralized SLP token exchange.
- OpenBazaar - desktop (daemon w/ electron app) p2p marketplace using multisig transactions.
- Havenapp - mobile implementation of openbazaar.
- blockchain.poker - Texas Hold’em using zero-conf for BCH deposits, BTC and BSV supported.
- 💚 craft.cash [src] - Voxel world stored on Bitcoin Cash.
- Satoshi dice - a provably fair dice game.
- Spice Casa - a provably fair spice game.
- Spin BCH - Spinning wheel based gambling using zero-conf
- 💚 Blockchain Explorer [src] - Database-free, self-hosted Bitcoin Cash explorer, via RPC.
- 💚 SLP Explorer [src] - Open source explorer for SLP tokens
- doublespend.cash - view Bitcoin Cash double spend attempts.
- tx street - transaction visualizer, updated with popular protocols.
- privacy stats - recent list and totals of shuffles & fusions.
- fork.lol - Site to monitor network health in relation to BTC.
- Johoe’s Bitcoin Mempool Statistics [src] - Colorful mempool graphs
SLP Token Projects
- 💚 Electron-Cash SLP Edition
- mist - a mineable SLP token using a proof-of-work covenant contract
- 💚 cryptophyl - an SLP exchange
- Toba Token - an e-bike customer reward token
- Honest Coin - a fully regulated, 1:1 U.S. Dollar-backed stablecoin
- SpiceToken - a meme token for social tipping
Services & Bots
- Bitcoin Mining Parlament [src] [whitepaper] - Miner voting and chat.
- chaintip - An on-chain non-custodial tipping bot for reddit/twitter & github.
- tipbitcoin.cash - Live tipping bot for video streamers.
- WhaleAlertBCH [src] - A twitter whalebot for BCH.
- gitcash - A custodial tipping bot for github.
- Chaintip Bounties - BCH bot for github bounties.
- BCH Pizza - BCH shared bounty site for pizza shop adoption.
- Satoshi Wall - a non-custodial payment wall tiered content site.
- CashAccount - Online utility for cashaccounts (address handles).
- 💚 Bitcoin.com Tools - A mix of Bitcoin utilities.
- Pay Button [src] - a simple snippet to accept Bitcoin Cash on your website.
- Bitcoin Paywall [src] - Wordpress paywall plugin
In the Boneyard
These ships are apparently in long term storage
- 💚 lazyfox - a Bitcoin Cash powered question and answer / tasking platform, 🚧 under revision.
- stack exchange - an unsuccessful initiative to create a Bitcoin Cash stack exchange.
These are other projects dedicated to listing projects in the Bitcoin Cash ecosystem:
- 💚 Bitcoin Cash Projects - maintained by bitcoin.com.
- 💚 BCH Developments - list maintained by KeepBitcoinFree.
- Canonical awesome-bitcoin-cash - the original.
Merchants and Services Accepting Bitcoin Cash
A Short List
These vendors have accepted bitcoin for years and are committed (or sympathetic) toward the idea of electronic cash payments.
Although some of these may appear to only accept Bitcoin (BTC), they do, in fact, accept Bitcoin Cash also.
- Namecheap - dns, ssl and some packaged hosting.
- CheapAir - for your travel needs.
- items sold by Newegg - good for a great headset.
- Lanieri - makes a good suit.
- partsoven - for that 3rd dimension of building.
- AdaFruit - hardware dodads via bitpay
- 💚 member map - permanent on-chain geographic tags utilizing extensions to the memo protocol.
- 💚 Bitcoin.com map - website and mobile app for discovering merchants, formerly marco coino.
- Greenpages map - merchant finder with advanced filtering.
Projects dedicated to listing or enabling eCommerce.
- The Accept Bitcoin Cash Initiative - list of merchants and stores.
- Bitpay Directory - partial list of websites using bitpay as a payment processor (sometimes outdated).
- Openbazaar Listings - web preview for distributed multicoin marketplace.
- Purse.io - service to privately purchase goods on Amazon.com (US) at a discount.
Some Charities and Foundations
Just some good charities for the world at large.
eCommerce Merchant Resources
Bitcoin Cash Open-Source plugins
- CryptoWoo for WooCommerce - Bitcoin Cash integration for CryptoWoo
BCH-to-Fiat Payment Processors
- BitPay developer Integrations [api docs]
- Coinpayments Tools [plugins] - Integrations for coinpayments
- GoCoin - GoCoin integrations, libraries & API docs.
- Coinbase - Merchant integrations for coinbase
- HoneyPay - Customer loyalty point card system using SLP.
Payment Processor Status
- status.coinbase.com - Dashboard with subscriptions endpoints and post-mortems
- status.bitPay.com - Current status with recent incidents
- Coin Dance list - with broader developments and proposals in various states from many groups.
- Full-Stack how-to - Chris Troutner’s introduction to developing on Bitcoin Cash
- developers.cash - many useful resources and tools
- 💚 Bitcoin.com Developer Resources - Tooling and documentation developed by bitcoin.com
- tutorial.cash - video tutorials
- Learn Bitcoin Cash - Early general introduction to Bitcoin Cash.
- 💚 Base Protocol Reference - maintained by Bitcoin Unlimited
Bitcoin Cash Standards is a site dedicated to collecting, some of which are listed below:
- 💚 Cashaddr - Format for Bitcoin Cash addresses
- Electrum Cash Protocol [src] - Protocol for SPV clients and servers.
- Payment Requests Specification (BIP-0070) - For dealing with invoice style payments at specific amounts.
- Cash Accounts - attach a human readable name to Bitcoin Cash addresses
- Memo Protocol - for the on-chain tweet style social media app
- 💚 Memo with Member extensions - for creating a reddit/hn style app
- 💚 Simple Ledger Protocol (SLP) [specs] - for handling ERC-20 style tokens
- 💚 Simple Ledger Postage Protocol - Protocol for sending SLP tokens without BCH “gas”
- 💚 CashShuffle [spec] - a privacy protocol for combining transactions with others, splitting to the lowest common amount.
- 💚 CashFusion [spec] - a privacy protocol for privately and trustlessly joining coin amounts.
- CashID - Specification using Bitcoin Cash for secure authentication.
- Avalanche [snowglobe spec] [🐉implementation (golang)] - local-state reconciliation
- 💚 Price Oracle [🐉implementation] - Price oracle work in progress
- meep - a command line Bitcoin Cash script debugger.
- bitauth ide [src] [video intro] - an integrated development environment for bitcoin authentication.
- spedn [src] [docs] - a high level smart contract language that compiles to Bitcoin Cash Script.
- Cashscript - a solidity-style language that compiles to Bitcoin Cash Script.
- 💚 BCHN [src] [docs] - a descendant of the Bitcoin Core and Bitcoin ABC software projects with independent development team. C/C++.
- 💚 BitcoinUnlimited [src] - a full node implentation focused on supporting user needs, C/C++.
- 💚 Flowee the Hub [src] - a node supporting a suite of software focused on payment integration. C++
- bchd [src] [docs] - alternative implementation written in Go (golang)
- Bitcoin Verde [src] [docs] - java implementation with the goal of being interoperable with mining nodes
- Knuth [src]- a high performance implementation of the Bitcoin protocol focused on applications needing extra capacity and resilience.
Full Node Developer Resources
- 💚 Bitcoin Cash Research - Site dedicated to technical research on Bitcoin Cash.
- 💚 Bitcoin Cash Discussions - Site for hosting live meetings and discussions about protocols
- 💚 Difficulty Simulator - A more up to date difficulty adjustment with rational miners.
- 💚 SLP Unit Tests - Test vectors for ensuring that validators of the Simple Ledger Protocol follow consensus.
- Future of Bitcoin Cash [channel] - Hosts - developer meetings.
- Difficulty Simulator - Simulator for testing algorithms for difficulty adjustment with rational miners.
Open-Source Teams Building on Bitcoin Cash
If you want to go fast, go alone. If you want to go far, go together.
– An African Proverb.
There are various groups developing software stacks & apps for the broader ecosystem.
- 💚 Simple Ledger [repos] - Group leading SLP token integration. (Typescript & Python)
- 💚 Electron Cash [repos] - Team maintaining a desktop SPV wallet with plugins and mobile app (Python)
- 💚 Flowee [repos] - Team maintaining a non-mining full node and services to access the Bitcoin Cash network. (C++, NodeJs et al)
- gcash [repos] - Team building apps, a wallet and tooling using an alternative full node directly. (Golang)
- 💚 Fulcrum - A fast & nimble SPV Server for Bitcoin Cash
- 💚 ElectrsCash - Electron Cash Server, rust implementation.
- ElectronX [docs] - A reimplementation of Electrum-Server for a future with bigger blocks. ⚠️ See changlog note v1.15.0 ⚠️
- Electron Cash ElectronX [docs] - Electron Cash maintained version of ElectrumX. ⚠️ See note on main branch above ⚠️
SLP Token Enabled Tooling
- 💚 slpjs - library for interacting with SLP tokens, dependent on bitbox.
- 💚 SLPDB [src] [doc] - simpleledger indexer
- 💚 SLP Socket [src] [doc] - simpleledger streaming service
- 💚 gs++ [src] [doc] - a fast SLP indexer, validator, and graph search server.
- 💚 SLP Stream [src] [doc] - a frontend API for GS++ that provides a streaming output of new transactions.
- 💚 goslp - SLP go libraries
- 💚 SLP Indexer - bitcoin.com indexer
- 💚 SLP SDKs - for android and iOS.
- 💚 SLP Icons - Hosted icons for slp tokens
Libraries & SDKs
- signup.cash [src] - Non-custodial platform as a service for building decentralized apps
- 💚 Bitbox SDK [docs] [src] - library for interacting with BCH via rest.bitcoin.com.
- 💚 Badger SDK - browser extension wallet supporting BCH and SLP on webpages.
- Libauth [src] - an ultra-lightweight, zero-dependency library for Bitcoin Cash and Bitauth applications. (Formerly
- bitcash [src] - python3 library.
- bchd python bindings - sample protobuf based python client for bchd.
- 💚 jtoomim/p2pool - jtoomim fork of bitcoin pool mining software
- 💚 bitcoincashj - Bitcoin Cash library for Java
- Breadwallet Core - SPV bitcoin C library
- cashp - Library for BCH and SLP tokens